TIA Tennis Forum in NYC on Aug. 31
The fourth annual TIA Tennis Forum will be Tuesday, Aug. 31, in New York City, in conjunction with the US Open and the USTA Tennis Teachers Conference. The Forum, which is open to all in the industry, will be from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. in Ballroom 2 on the Salon Level at the Grand Hyatt New York.
At this year’s Forum, the industry also will honor the 2010 inductee into the Tennis Industry Hall of Fame—Billie Jean King. The Tennis Industry Hall of Fame was created in 2008 to recognize individuals who have made a significant impact on the sport.
Forum attendees will hear the latest news about the state of the industry, including participation growth, equipment sales data, grassroots initiatives and more. The Forum will also outline pathways to increasing the number of frequent players in the U.S., ways to better define and boost the economic growth and impact of the tennis industry, and effective ways to distribute clear, consistent messaging about tennis and the reasons to play it.
Speakers at this year’s Forum, which is presented by Tennis Magazine, will include TIA President Jon Muir, USTA President and Chairman of the Board Lucy Garvin, and USTA Chief Executive of Community Tennis Kurt Kamperman. Tennis Magazine Group Publisher Jeff Williams will introduce Billie Jean King.
For more information, visit TennisIndustry.org/Forum.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Venus leads U.S. Fed Cup team
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- Longoria starts 2016 with a win
- PowerShares announces player fields
- Drysdale partners with Cincinnati TC
- Sinclair to acquire Tennis Channel
- Tennis CoachEd gets boosts
- USPTA extends NetKnacks partnership
- PlaySight partners with Tennis Media Company