2002 US Open Men’s Final now available on DVD
New York, NY — Kultur/SRO Sports is proud to announce for the first time ever on DVD the release of the 2002 US Open Men’s Final: Sampras vs Agassi. This classic match will all be available on DVD September 28, 2010 for a retail price of $19.99.
As the last major of the calendar year the US Open brings down the curtain on the Grand Slam season with some of the most unforgettable matches in tennis history.
In 2002, the Open played host to the conclusion of an epic journey for and American tennis legend, Pete Sampras, as he faced his greatest rival, Andre Agassi, in what turned out to be a fitting end to a brilliant career.
In many ways, the rivalry between Sampras and Agassi defined both men, with the two finest players of their generation saving their best tennis for each other. In all they would meet four times at the US Open, the first coming in the 1990 men’s final, when they were both rising stars.
Now on the twilight of their careers, they would meet one last time as Sampras pursued his 14th Grand Slam singles title and his fifth US Open Championship.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Anne Krupp Memorial Scholarship
- Kudla takes 'Young Guns Contest'
- ATP renews agreement with Tennis Channel
- Edberg honored with Hall of Fame Ring
- TGA launches Minneapolis franchise
- Wilson launches Ultra racquet
- Pala receives Fed Cup Award
- Murray launches new Radicals
- Czechs to take on Russia in Fed Cup
- Live season-ending championships