2001 US Open Women's Final now available on DVD
New York, NY — Kultur/SRO Sports is proud to announce for the first time ever on DVD the release of the 2001 US Open Women’s Final: S. Williams vs. V. Williams This classic match will all be available on DVD September 28, 2010 for a retail price of $19.99.
As the last major of the calendar year, the US Open annually brings down the curtain on the Grand Slam season with some of the most unforgettable matches in tennis history. More than a few of those have been played by tennis’ most famous sister act, Serena and Venus Williams.
Younger sister Serena struck first, claiming the Williams’ first major at the 1999 US Open. Older sister Venus followed suit less that a year later, breaking through at Wimbledon and then defeating the top two seeds to keep the US Open women’s singles title in the family in 2000.
The result of their triumphs was a jolt for tennis in the United States and for women’s tennis worldwide. Most prominently for American television viewers, the rise of the Williams sisters lead CBS to move the 2001 women’s final to prime time for the first time ever.
This would be a match to remember with Serena and Venus facing each other for the first time in a Grand Slam final.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award