HEAD Penn Players Dominate Racquetball Championships
Phoenix, AZ — Players from HEAD Penn’s powerhouse team of top racquetball players helped the United States sweep the Men’s and Women’s Team Competitions at the International Racquetball Federation’s (IRF) 15th World Championships. HEAD Penn’s Jack Huczek, who plays with the YOUTEK Royal Flush and Jackie Paraiso, who plays with the YOUTEK Royal Flush, paced the American team through convincing wins in the team competition. The team victories successfully defended the American titles won at the 2008 World Championships in Ireland.
In his first event since returning to the HEAD Penn family, Rocky Carson, who plays with the YOUTEK Blackjack, also has a major contribution to the American dominance in the team competition. Jack and Rocky won both their respective matches as the United States defeated Canada in the Men’s Team Final. Rocky also captured his second consecutive IRF Men’s Singles World Championship.
Showing the strength of the HEAD Penn team, Carson’s opponent in the Men’s Singles Final was his teammate, Jack Huczek. Rocky won the match in two close games: 15-13, 15-14. With his World Championship wins in Ireland and South Korea, Carson joins an elite list of players who have won multiple World Championships; a list that includes Huczek.
In the Women’s Doubles Competition, Paraiso brought home the silver medal.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- YTEX sponsors Junior Open
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team