DecoTurf Surface Chosen for the 2010 Pilot Pen
Andover, MA — Marking the final stop before the Olympus US Open Series heads to New York, the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament will take place from August 22nd-29th at the Connecticut Tennis Center in New Haven, CT. Once again, the organizers of the Pilot Pen have chosen DecoTurf for the cushioned tennis surface.
Utilizing the US Open Blue - US Open Green color scheme, manufactured exclusively by DecoTurf, the Connecticut Tennis Center will be hosting this exciting event for the 21st time on the grounds of historic Yale University. Elena Dementieva, Samantha Stosur, Ana Ivanovic and local favorite James Blake are among the world’s top players scheduled to compete.
“DecoTurf is proud to continue our long-standing relationship with the Pilot Pen and Yale University,” said Tom Magner, DecoTurf’s Eastern Regional Manager. “They do a fantastic job every year, the crowds are enthusiastic and this tournament has become an essential part of the New England sports landscape.”
DecoTurf has been the Surface of the US Open for 32 years and is the most recognized tennis court surface in the world. DecoTurf’s multi-layer cushioned tennis surface has been selected for use at the world’s most prestigious events including the two most-recent Olympic Games, Davis Cup, Fed Cup, and the Olympus US Open Series tournaments. DecoTurf is also an Official Surface of the Intercollegiate Tennis Association and the Professional Tennis Registry. For more information on DecoTurf visit decoturf.com or call 800-332-6178.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary