DecoTurf Chosen for 2010 Rogers Cup
Andover, MA — Continuing a relationship that began more than two decades ago, DecoTurf will once again be the surface of choice for the Rogers Cup WTA tournament in Montreal.
The Rogers Cup rotates annually between Montreal and Toronto and the 2010 event will take place August 16th - 22nd at Uniprix Stadium, in the heart of Quebec’s biggest city.
Montreal is the fourth stop in the multi-city Olympus US Open Series, pitting the world’s best players in a summer-long chase for tennis supremacy. Nine of the Series events are played on DecoTurf, including the US Open Grand Slam event.
As in years past, the DecoTurf courts will be installed by Terrassement Jopat, a Montreal-based surfacing contractor renowned for their fine workmanship and expertise on sports courts of all types.
DecoTurf has been the Surface of the US Open for 32 years and is still the most recognized tennis court surface in the world. DecoTurf’s multi-layer cushioned tennis surface has been selected for use at the world’s most prestigious events including the two most-recent Olympic Games, Davis Cup, Fed Cup, and seven different Olympus US Open Series tournaments. DecoTurf is also the Official All-Weather Surface of the Professional Tennis Registry.
For more information on DecoTurf visit decoturf.com or call 800-332-6178.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition