Two Writing Awards for TennisPro Editor
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) announced that its Director of Communications and Editor of TennisPro Magazine, Peggy Edwards, was presented with two 2010 APEX Awards (Awards for Publishing Excellence). This is the 22nd Annual APEX Awards, a competition for writers, editors, publications staff and business and nonprofit communicators. TennisPro is the official publication of PTR tennis teachers and coaches.
The 2010 APEX awards were presented for the March/April 2009 issue for Magazine & Journal Writing, and for the July/August 2009 issue for Education & Training Writing.
“I am especially pleased about the Education & Training Writing award,” said Edwards. “PTR’s goal with TennisPro is to enhance the education aspect, and this particular award indicates we are on the right track. I share this with all the contributing writers of the July/August 2009 issue, including Dr. Howard Brody, Yves Boulais, Meisje Connor, Gustavo Granitto, Larry Karageanes, Bill Riddle and Siobhan Belloli.”
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 122 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta
- Expanded US Open Series coverage crosses platforms
- Stars headline WTT event
- MAC juniors dominate championships
- Ram wins 2015 HoF Championships