New CTA Energized by Block Party
The Fergus Falls Tennis Association in Minnesota is one of the youngest CTAs in the USTA Northern section. Started just over a year ago, this small-town association decided to energize its efforts with a block party on May 27th. More than 200 kids and adults and adults showed up.
The event’s success can be attributed to the fun activities as well as the help of a USTA Tennis Service Representative. The event’s free picnic brought in a lot of families, while volunteers’ enthusiastic work on court kept the kids active and involved.
The event catered to kids in kindergarten through grade eight, with QuickStart Tennis being utilized for the Block Party’s youngest participants. It was all great exposure for the new CTA and provided a fun way for community members to connect with one another while enjoying the local tennis courts.
The Block Party had a lot of local support. In fact, the entire event was sustained through donations by sponsors in the community, and it looks like next year will be even better.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition