iTUSA Signs Deal with Spanish Tennis Federation
SCOTTSDALE, AZ — Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch is proud to announce that its tennis partner, iTUSA, International Tennis USA, headquartered at the resort, has just signed an agreement with the Royal Spanish Tennis Federation and its regional affiliates to support their players and coaches with iTUSA’s advanced instructional and video technology, a player development system and approach.
Developed by Rafael “Rafa” Font de Mora, former Spanish professional tennis player, established coach on the WTA tour and iTUSA founder, Executive Director and Conductor of the Tennis Academy at Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa, it will now be used to assist all Spanish tennis players, including many of the top ranked men’s players, Davis Cup and Fed Cup teams to improve their game and rankings.
Spain entered into this agreement because they want to continue their domination of men’s professional tennis.
- Spain’s number one player, Rafael Nadal is also the world’s number one player, just having won his seventh grand slam title and 5th French Open Championship in Paris. Nadal is also the current Olympic tennis Gold Medalist.
- Spain has dominated the Davis Cup over the last decade, winning four times in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2009. Its victory in 2009 came after whitewashing the Czech Republic 5-0 in the final in Barcelona.
- Spain has 8 men players in the top 50 in the world. No other country comes close to Spain (USA - 3, Switzerland - 2, Russia - 2, Germany - 3)
The first Spanish Federation regional affiliate to begin implementing the agreement will be Valencia, the home turf of David Ferrer (#11) and Juan Carlos Ferrero (#17). Over the years, Valencia has been recognized for their incredible player development program, where players like Marat Safin and Dinara Safina have each developed their games to become number one in the world.
Font de Mora has coached Anna-Lena Gronefeld, and is still coaching Meghann Shaughnessy. In addition to training professional tennis players and young aspiring talent, iTUSA manages the resort’s tennis facility, providing the same instructional and video technology to those recreational players who want to improve their game. Two, Three, and Six-Day instructional Tennis Academy packages are available at the resort. For reservations and more information, visit scottsdale.hyatt.com or call 800-233-1234.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Federer chases Davis Cup title
- TIA partners with PAI
- MAC GM named Facility Manager of the Year
- USTA nominates Adams as chairman, CEO
- Carson wins 2nd tournament in a row
- Tennis Central announces new app
- Sukova honored with Fed Cup Award
- All-star field for WTT Smash Hits in London
- ProWorld and Tecnifibre announce partnership
- Tennis Channel hosts Fed Cup final live