BJK Special to Air on ESPN July 3
The debut of Billie Jean King’s “Homecoming with Rick Reilly” special on ESPN will air this Saturday, July 3 at 7 p.m. Eastern, with a second airing Friday, July 9 at 7:30 p.m. Eastern on ESPN2.
“Homecoming” is an extraordinary show that tells the story of an athlete’s life in front of an audience of friends and family they’ve known throughout the many stages of their career. The show was filmed in King’s hometown at the Billie Jean King Tennis Center in Long Beach, Calif. The live audience included King’s mother Betty Moffitt, Tracy Austin, Rosie Casals, Bud Collins, Owen Davidson, Zina Garrison and Maria Sharapova. Chris Evert also appeared via satellite.
King is the co-founder of the World TeamTennis Pro League presented by GEICO which begins its 35th season July 5.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Anne Krupp Memorial Scholarship
- Kudla takes 'Young Guns Contest'
- ATP renews agreement with Tennis Channel
- Edberg honored with Hall of Fame Ring
- TGA launches Minneapolis franchise
- Wilson launches Ultra racquet
- Pala receives Fed Cup Award
- Murray launches new Radicals
- Czechs to take on Russia in Fed Cup
- Live season-ending championships