Ashour signs with Dunlop Squash
*GREENVILLE, SC — * Dunlop, the world’s number one squash brand, has tightened its stranglehold at the top of the sport by signing 22 year old Egyptian sensation Ramy Ashour. Ashour, the World Number Two and most highly publicized squash player in decades, inked a long term deal to play Dunlop. He joins Nick Matthew (No. 1), Amr Shabana (No. 4), Greg Gaultier (No. 5), and Julian Illingworth (USA No. 1) all of whom are Dunlop Tour Team players.
After bursting onto the scene as a precocious 16 year old with his stunning win at the World Junior Open in 2004, Ashour has blazed a path not seen in squash in recent memory. In 2007 he won his first major- the Quatar Classic. In 2008, he followed that up with his second major, the World Open. Last year he finished the year with back-to-back PSA Platinum Series wins, making him the top ranked player in the world at the outset of 2010.
Now when Ramy heads into battle he’ll not only carry a Dunlop bag and wear Dunlop apparel, but also play the Dunlop Aerogel 4D Max racquet. He is currently testing Dunlop’s new Explosive Squash string (available this August). In addition, Ramy’s brother Hisham, the world’s 24th ranked player, will also wield a Dunlop frame.
“Dunlop epitomizes the best in squash, and top players like Ramy recognize this,” commented Steve Hall, Director of Marketing, Dunlop Racquet Sports. “Dunlop racquets, balls and accessories are the choice of the world’s elite players. We look forward to seeing Ramy continue to amaze the squash world with his Aerogel 4D Max racquet.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Head extends partnership with Stephens
- Tennis Channel adds on-air talent
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year