Wickmayer Joins Donnay
Donnay, the 100 year-old tennis brand have agreed an international sponsorship agreement for rackets, strings and accessories with World No. 15 Yanina Wickmayer.
Wickmayer, who has just turned 20 years old, is one of the brightest stars in tennis having made the semi-final of the US Open and winning her first 2 WTA singles titles in Estoril and Linz during 2009. Her 2010 season also got off to the best possible start, taking the Auckland Open title. As Donnay a brand ambassador, Yanina will be joining an array of tennis icons to have played with the famous brand including Rod Laver, Bjorn Borg and Andre Agassi.
To celebrate Donnay’s centennial anniversary, Wickmayer will use a specially designed black and gold racket featuring the 100 year logo and a Belgian flag to mark the birthplace of the brand.
Donnay Marketing Manager Ben Fell commented; “In 2010 Donnay will enter its 100th year and as a Belgian-born company, signing Yanina is the perfect way to start our anniversary celebrations. Yanina is a huge talent and we are very proud to have one of the hottest prospects in tennis join our brand.”
“I am thrilled to join Donnay and follow the great legends to have played with their rackets. The 100 year racket Donnay have made for me feels great to play with and I can’t wait to get on court to start winning matches with it,” says Wickmayer.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ASBA honors distinguished sports facilities
- Viking announces new GM
- Dunlop to distribute Diadora footwear
- Babolat launches new Origin string
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team