Tickets on sale for U.S. vs. Russia Fed Cup SF
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. — The USTA announced today that tickets for the 2010 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas semifinal between the United States and Russia, will go on sale on Friday, March 12, at 10 a.m. CT. The matches will be played at the Birmingham-Jefferson Convention Complex Arena, April 24-25. Birmingham and the state of Alabama will host a Fed Cup event for the first time after hosting the Davis Cup first round match between the U.S. and Switzerland last year. The United States is attempting to advance to the Fed Cup Final for the second consecutive year.
The two-day, best-of-five match semifinal is being organized, staged and promoted by the USTA.
The 2010 Fed Cup by BNP Paribas semifinal between the United States and Russia will begin with two singles matches on Saturday, April 24, and will conclude with two singles matches followed by one doubles match on Sunday, April 25. Play begins at 1 p.m. CT both days.
Ticket prices range from $60 to $300 for two-day packages and can be purchased:
- at www.ticketmaster.com
- by calling Ticketmaster at 1-888-334-USTA (8782)
For more information about the U.S. Fed Cup team, visit usta.com/fedcup.
The Tennis Channel will present live daily coverage of the U.S. vs. Russia Fed Cup semifinal.
Fed Cup by BNP Paribas is the world’s largest annual international women’s team competition with 87 countries competing this year. The ITF has final approval rights for all site selections. The United States leads all nations with 17 Fed Cup titles, the last coming in 2000, and is one of eight nations competing for the 2010 Fed Cup title as part of the Fed Cup World Group.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Lloyd named coach of San Diego Aviators
- HEAD is new official stringing team at BNPPO
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award