Ryan Harrison Joins Record Books
By winning his first round match at the BNP Paribas Open last night, 17-year-old Ryan Harrison joined the record books once again.
- Harrison became the first 17-year-old to win a main draw match in Indian Wells since Rafael Nadal in 2004.
- Harrison became just the fifth player age 17 or younger to win a main draw match in Indian Wells. The other four are Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Michael Chang and Rafael Nadal.
After winning his first round in Houston in 2008, Harrison, then 15-years-old, had become the third youngest player since 1990 to win an ATP Tour level main draw match behind Richard Gasquet and Rafael Nadal.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony
- Salazar upsets Mustonen at NetSuite Open
- Seeded players advance in NetSuite Open
- Club Med Generation Cup expanding
- Bay Area represented at NetSuite Open
- USPTA pros help raise $22K for military families