Ryan Harrison Joins Record Books
By winning his first round match at the BNP Paribas Open last night, 17-year-old Ryan Harrison joined the record books once again.
- Harrison became the first 17-year-old to win a main draw match in Indian Wells since Rafael Nadal in 2004.
- Harrison became just the fifth player age 17 or younger to win a main draw match in Indian Wells. The other four are Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Michael Chang and Rafael Nadal.
After winning his first round in Houston in 2008, Harrison, then 15-years-old, had become the third youngest player since 1990 to win an ATP Tour level main draw match behind Richard Gasquet and Rafael Nadal.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Tennis Channel live at Western & Southern Open
- Tilton to receive ITA Achievement Award
- WTT Smash Hits coming to London
- McEnroe and Courier to compete in the DR
- USTA, Greenbergs to get kids active
- NetSuite Open returns to San Fran
- Maui Jim helps officials at W&S Open
- ITA announces new Division I format
- Tennis Show celebrates business
- USTA Foundation receives Coca Cola grant