Fernando Verdasco signs with Dunlop
Dunlop are pleased to welcome Fernando Verdasco as the latest tennis star to join as a brand ambassador. The 26 year old Spanish ace has signed an international contract for rackets, strings and accessories, while also agreeing to play a key role endorsing Dunlop’s junior talent identification programme — D-Squad.
Verdasco capped off a successful 2009, in which he compiled his best career season by finishing in the top ten and qualified for his first year-end championship at the Barclays ATP world tour finals in London. The Madrid native also played a central part in helping his country win 2 consecutive Davis Cup titles, winning the deciding match in both years.
Verdasco commented: “Becoming a brand ambassador for Dunlop is a very proud moment for me and I look forward to joining the great players already associated with the brand. I am continuing to work hard and with the help from Dunlop I hope to be able to make this my most successful year to date.”
Barry Leach, MD of Dunlop Sport said: “Fernando is a world class addition to Dunlop and exemplifies the quality we look for at the brand. He plays an exciting style of tennis and, if he can build on last year’s performances, I would expect him to be a main fixture in the ATP top ten this year.”
Verdasco will immediately commence testing of Dunlop’s new 2011 technology.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway
- Rome TC selects management team
- HEAD introduces the Speed Limited Edition
- Philippoussis goes 2-For-2 in PowerShares
- Philippoussis kicks off 2016 with a bang
- Eight named to National Junior Team
- USTA to launch nationwide kids’ audition