PTR to Host SONA Championships
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will host the 11th annual Special Olympics North America (SONA) National Invitational Tennis Championships presented by PTR , March 8-10, 2010, at PTR Headquarters in Van der Meer Shipyard Racquet Club on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
The event attracts more than 100 Special Olympics athletes from as far away as Arizona who will compete in this first class event. Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Texas, North Carolina, and South Carolina will also be represented.
Spectators are invited free of charge to the Opening Ceremony with the lighting of the Olympic torch, Monday, March 8 at 6pm and Pro Exhibition match that immediately follows. The public is also welcome to watch the matches, which are scheduled for Tuesday from 8am to 5pm and Wednesday from 8am to 3pm. The medal presentations at the Closing Ceremony, will be Wednesday afternoon, and are also free to the public.
PTR is the Official Training Partner for Special Olympics Tennis. PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 14,000 members in 122 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying, and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
Contact: Peggy Edwards • PO Box 4739, Hilton Head Island, SC 29938 USA 843-785-7244 or 800-421-6289 • fax 843-686-2033 • firstname.lastname@example.org • ptrtennis.org
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Philippoussis wins PowerShares finale
- Bollettieri launches coaching website
- Tecnifibre appoints SoCal brand ambassador
- Drysdale Tennis partners with CopperWynd
- Longoria, Vargas dominate pro racquetball
- Facilities joining ‘Try Tennis Free’ campaign
- Roddick wins 7th title in Richmond
- PTR welcomes two corporate members
- VA and USTA Foundation form partnership
- All HEAD Penn ladies racquetball final again