Luxilon Continues Strong 2010 Start
Thomaz Bellucci earned his first title of the 2010 season on Sunday at the Movistar Star Open in Santiago, Chile. He used his new Six.One 95 BLX strung with Luxilon ALU Power 125 string. Coming out ahead in three sets over #2 seed, Juan Monaco, the Brazilian shook off a 0-6 second set to claim a 6-2, 0-6, 6-4 victory in just over two hours.
With the championship win, Bellucci improves his ranking to #28 in the world. The 22-year-old became the first Brazilian to secure the Movistar Open since compatriot and former world No. 1 Gustavo Kuerten hoisted the trophy in 2000.
“Luxilon’s players have had a great start to 2011 and we are extremely proud of Thomaz’s second career title”, Nico Van Malderen, President of Luxilon said. “He is an exciting young player and we are glad he is benefiting from Luxilon strings”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Wright earns PTR Master - Performance
- 2015 USPTA pro of the year: Capestany
- The 'healing power' of Ashaway MonoGut
- Give your game some POP
- Bridging the gap between amateurs and pros
- Longoria & Carson win big in Vegas
- Haggerty elected ITF President
- USPTA to move headquarters to Lake Nona
- Blake added to WTT lineup
- TuringSense to sponsor USPTA Conference