Luxilon Continues Strong 2010 Start
Thomaz Bellucci earned his first title of the 2010 season on Sunday at the Movistar Star Open in Santiago, Chile. He used his new Six.One 95 BLX strung with Luxilon ALU Power 125 string. Coming out ahead in three sets over #2 seed, Juan Monaco, the Brazilian shook off a 0-6 second set to claim a 6-2, 0-6, 6-4 victory in just over two hours.
With the championship win, Bellucci improves his ranking to #28 in the world. The 22-year-old became the first Brazilian to secure the Movistar Open since compatriot and former world No. 1 Gustavo Kuerten hoisted the trophy in 2000.
“Luxilon’s players have had a great start to 2011 and we are extremely proud of Thomaz’s second career title”, Nico Van Malderen, President of Luxilon said. “He is an exciting young player and we are glad he is benefiting from Luxilon strings”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award