Wilson Tour Team Off to a Good Start in 2010
Following an outstanding 2009 where Roger Federer and Serena Williams finished atop the ATP and WTA Tour rankings, the Wilson Tour Team is off to a great start in 2010
In her first tournament since May 2008, Justine Henin used her new Wilson Tour BLX racket to reach the finals of Brisbane.
“This was a big step for me. After leaving for so long, to walk out on the court with such a big crowd… it was very emotional,” Henin said. “I can be positive about this tournament, but I still see a lot of things to work on and this week was only the beginning.”
In Auckland, Flavia Pennetta used her Blade 98 racket as she made easy work of this week’s opponents, not dropping a set en route to the finals of the ASB Classic.
In doubles action, Natalie Grandin used her Tour racket as she reached the finals of Auckland doubles with partner Granville.
“It is great to see many of our players have success as they gear up for the Australian Open,” says Massimo Calvelli. “We look forward to watching Justine and our entire team make their mark on tour this year.”
Serena Williams, Flavia Pennetta, Agnes Szavay, Leonardo Mayer, and Mardy Fish are in action in Sydney.
Alona Bondarenko, Kateryna Bondarenko, Sara Errani, Carla Suarez Navarro and Jelena Dokic are playing in Hobart.
Philipp Kohlschreiber, Thomaz Bellucci and Arnaud Clement take the court in Auckland.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- TIA forum set for Aug. 29
- USTA names paralympic wheelchair team
- Adcock and Langridge selected for Rio
- Annacone and Cahill join PlaySight
- Prince creates excitement at Wimbledon
- ITHF partners with ITF development program
- Presenters named for ITHF induction
- Nightly Wimbledon coverage begins June 27
- Feldman to join USTA Southern
- Longoria completes season sweep