Völkl Tennis Signs Liezel Huber
SAN DIEGO — Völkl Tennis announces the signing of Liezel Huber to endorse their tennis rackets, bags and accessories. Huber is currently the #1 ranked doubles player on the Sony Erickson WTA tour with her partner Cara Black.
“We are extremely excited to re-launch our tour initiative with Liezel”
After turning pro in 1992, Huber has amassed a record 39 career doubles titles (27 with Cara Black), including 11 Grand Slam Titles in Doubles and Mixed Doubles. Liezel competed for South Africa’s Olympic team in 2000 and was on the 2003 Fed Cup team. She became a US citizen in 2007 and played Fed Cup for the US in 2008 - 9 and the US Olympic Team in 2008. Huber has her eye on the 2012 Olympics in London and more doubles titles along the way.
Huber and her husband, Tony, live in Houston, TX and opened a tennis ranch in March 2008 (hubertennisranch.com).
“We are extremely excited to re-launch our tour initiative with Liezel,” says Edoardo Artaldi, Völkl Global Tour Manager. “She is an absolute winner both on and off the court. We are excited for her to be carrying our bags and using our rackets in Australia.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Tickets available for Fed Cup semifinal
- TennisClub.com partners with TIA
- Berger to step down at USTA
- Tennis Channel adds 7.8M Nielsen homes
- Oracle unveils awards for young pros
- Spotlight shines on tennis visionaries
- Saddleback Resort to host Fed Cup
- Tzvetkov appointed to PTR Board
- Tennis Channel expands Blake’s role
- USTA Foundation reaches a new high