Mosaad Survives Marathon To Win St Louis Title
Egyptian Omar Mosaad won his second PSA World Tour title of the year - and the longest squash match of his career - when he beat Canadian Shahier Razik in the final of the $15,000 Racquet Club Invitational at The Racquet Club in St Louis, USA
It was the pair’s second meeting in a Tour final in a week - but while the 21-year-old from Cairo clinched the KIG Open crown in Los Angeles in four games, second seed Razik extended the encounter to five games in St Louis.
Top seed Mosaad twice took the lead - and both times 32-year-old Razik fought back to draw level.
But, despite Razik’s reputation as a winner of marathon matches, it was world No23 Mosaad that finally emerged triumphant after 125 minutes, winning 11-4, 8-11, 11-9, 8-11, 11-5 to earn the fifth Tour title of his career.
RESULTS: Racquet Club Squash Invitational, St Louis, USA
 Omar Mosaad (EGY) bt  Shahier Razik (CAN) 11-4, 8-11, 11-9, 8-11, 11-5 (125m)
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Hestley earns PTR Master of Tennis
- HEAD extends partnership Djokovic
- Ashe to PTR Hall of Fame
- 90 seconds can change everything
- Wilson releases Rush Pro 2.0 shoe
- Key industry conferences set for March
- Johnston named USTA Pro of the Year
- Tennis Channel launches on Apple TV
- Tecnifibre sponsors Young and Chardy
- Nadal is now Connected