Mosaad Survives Marathon To Win St Louis Title
Egyptian Omar Mosaad won his second PSA World Tour title of the year - and the longest squash match of his career - when he beat Canadian Shahier Razik in the final of the $15,000 Racquet Club Invitational at The Racquet Club in St Louis, USA
It was the pair’s second meeting in a Tour final in a week - but while the 21-year-old from Cairo clinched the KIG Open crown in Los Angeles in four games, second seed Razik extended the encounter to five games in St Louis.
Top seed Mosaad twice took the lead - and both times 32-year-old Razik fought back to draw level.
But, despite Razik’s reputation as a winner of marathon matches, it was world No23 Mosaad that finally emerged triumphant after 125 minutes, winning 11-4, 8-11, 11-9, 8-11, 11-5 to earn the fifth Tour title of his career.
RESULTS: Racquet Club Squash Invitational, St Louis, USA
 Omar Mosaad (EGY) bt  Shahier Razik (CAN) 11-4, 8-11, 11-9, 8-11, 11-5 (125m)
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- US Open's dining and culinary offerings
- PGA TOUR Superstore announces 14 MRTs
- WTA tournament to benefit veterans
- Entertainment lineup set for US Open
- Ashaway terminates distributorship
- CITI Open generates record numbers
- Ashe Stadium roof superstructure complete
- US Open WTA wild card recipients
- US Open ATP wild card recipients
- Wilson re-signs Dimitrov