Sania Mirza Joins the Wilson Team
Sania Mirza will be using the new Wilson Pro Open BLX tennis racket when Australian Open action kicks off.
“I’m thrilled to be part of the Wilson team,” says Mirza. “Wilson has the top players on tour because they have the best rackets,” says Mirza. “I love the way my new racket feels.”
Since turning pro in 2003, Mirza’s versatile game has allowed her to have a prosperous career. Mirza owns 1 Grand Slam Doubles title, 1 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Singles title, 8 Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Doubles titles and 17 ITF Pro Circuit titles. In 2007, Mirza reached a career high of #27 in singles and #18 in doubles on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.
Next week, Mirza will be looking to build on her outstanding result at the 2009 Australian Open, when she became the first female Indian to win a Grand Slam title. She accomplished this feat when she took the Mixed Doubles title with fellow Wilson player Mahesh Bhupathi.
“I have great memories at Melbourne Park and I am looking forward to building on them,” says Mirza.
The pride of India comes into the 2010 Championship ready for action.
Mirza will play #26th seed Rezai in the first round, starting Monday Jan.18th.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Groppel named Tennis Industry advisor
- HEAD launches new Speed racquets
- ATP Media revamps streaming platform
- USPTA HoF to induct Burwash
- Ashaway renews sponsorship of Swain
- Malaysia, Hong Kong dominate WUC Squash
- FISU WUC Badminton starts
- USTA partners in Laver Cup
- Hunt named CMO at Universal Tennis
- Hainline to receive achievement award