Nieminen Reaches Australian Open Doubles Semis
Decked out in all Wilson gear, Jarkko Nieminen and his partner, Kohlmann reach their first Grand Slam Doubles semifinal after they led Ljubicic/Gonzales 4-6 6-1 2-0 and Ljubicic was then forced to retire due to injury.
Using his Six.One Tour BLX tennis racket, Nieminen and Kohlmann defeated 4th seeds Max Mirnyi and Mahesh Bhupathi in the first round of the Australian Open and have fought their way through the draw, also dismissing of Fleming/Skupski and Bolelli/Seppi.
“It has been great playing with Michael. I have known him for many years, but this is the first time we have played together as a pair. This is great practice for later tournaments this season”, said a delighted Nieminen.
Nieminen and Kohlmann will now take on the world number one doubles team, Bryan Brothers.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Adams to repeat as USTA president
- Groppel named Tennis Industry advisor
- HEAD launches new Speed racquets
- ATP Media revamps streaming platform
- USPTA HoF to induct Burwash
- Ashaway renews sponsorship of Swain
- Malaysia, Hong Kong dominate WUC Squash
- FISU WUC Badminton starts
- USTA partners in Laver Cup
- Hunt named CMO at Universal Tennis