Nieminen Reaches Australian Open Doubles Semis
Decked out in all Wilson gear, Jarkko Nieminen and his partner, Kohlmann reach their first Grand Slam Doubles semifinal after they led Ljubicic/Gonzales 4-6 6-1 2-0 and Ljubicic was then forced to retire due to injury.
Using his Six.One Tour BLX tennis racket, Nieminen and Kohlmann defeated 4th seeds Max Mirnyi and Mahesh Bhupathi in the first round of the Australian Open and have fought their way through the draw, also dismissing of Fleming/Skupski and Bolelli/Seppi.
“It has been great playing with Michael. I have known him for many years, but this is the first time we have played together as a pair. This is great practice for later tournaments this season”, said a delighted Nieminen.
Nieminen and Kohlmann will now take on the world number one doubles team, Bryan Brothers.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Wilson honors Serena
- Top industry execs at NYC forum
- Kasatkina extends contract with Tecnifibre
- ITA HoF to induct four
- Collins, Shane headline Invitational
- Free tennis clinic in Central Park
- Academia Sánchez-Casal int’l program
- Harrison and Gibbs named MVPs
- TIA HoF to induct Scott & Kraft
- TIA tennis forum in NYC