Tennis Magazine Wins Two Folio Awards
NEW YORK, NY — The clean, contemporary, forward-looking redesign of TENNIS magazine, the world’s largest tennis title, has been honored by Folio Magazine with two prestigious Ozzie Awards, the largest competition in magazine publishing, recognizing excellence in magazine design.
TENNIS and the team from Pentagram Design were distinguished with the silver award for best redesign of a consumer magazine, as well as a bronze award for best feature design for a consumer magazine (circulation of 250,00 or more) for the feature “Player of the Year: Rafael Nadal,” which appeared in the January 2009 issue.
“We’re thrilled that our redesign has been recognized by the publishing community,” says James Martin, editor-in-chief of TENNIS magazine and TENNIS.com. “Our goal was to bring the passion, excitement and fun of the sport to our readers. And our magazine redesign, which was spearheaded by our art director, Gary Stewart, and designer Jason Sfetko, accomplished just that. Cleaner designs, more white space, eye-catching photography — it’s proven to be a winning formula.”
About Miller Publishing Group: MPG publishes TENNIS Magazine and SMASH Magazine. TENNIS, published 10 times annually, is the world’s largest tennis title, with a circulation of more than 600,000. MPG also owns TENNIS.com, the world’s leading tennis website, plus SMASHtennis.com and the blog Peter Bodo’s TennisWorld (peterbodostennisworld.com).
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells