Tennis Magazine Wins Two Folio Awards
NEW YORK, NY — The clean, contemporary, forward-looking redesign of TENNIS magazine, the world’s largest tennis title, has been honored by Folio Magazine with two prestigious Ozzie Awards, the largest competition in magazine publishing, recognizing excellence in magazine design.
TENNIS and the team from Pentagram Design were distinguished with the silver award for best redesign of a consumer magazine, as well as a bronze award for best feature design for a consumer magazine (circulation of 250,00 or more) for the feature “Player of the Year: Rafael Nadal,” which appeared in the January 2009 issue.
“We’re thrilled that our redesign has been recognized by the publishing community,” says James Martin, editor-in-chief of TENNIS magazine and TENNIS.com. “Our goal was to bring the passion, excitement and fun of the sport to our readers. And our magazine redesign, which was spearheaded by our art director, Gary Stewart, and designer Jason Sfetko, accomplished just that. Cleaner designs, more white space, eye-catching photography — it’s proven to be a winning formula.”
About Miller Publishing Group: MPG publishes TENNIS Magazine and SMASH Magazine. TENNIS, published 10 times annually, is the world’s largest tennis title, with a circulation of more than 600,000. MPG also owns TENNIS.com, the world’s leading tennis website, plus SMASHtennis.com and the blog Peter Bodo’s TennisWorld (peterbodostennisworld.com).
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Lloyd named coach of San Diego Aviators
- HEAD is new official stringing team at BNPPO
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award