Tennis Magazine Wins Two Folio Awards
NEW YORK, NY — The clean, contemporary, forward-looking redesign of TENNIS magazine, the world’s largest tennis title, has been honored by Folio Magazine with two prestigious Ozzie Awards, the largest competition in magazine publishing, recognizing excellence in magazine design.
TENNIS and the team from Pentagram Design were distinguished with the silver award for best redesign of a consumer magazine, as well as a bronze award for best feature design for a consumer magazine (circulation of 250,00 or more) for the feature “Player of the Year: Rafael Nadal,” which appeared in the January 2009 issue.
“We’re thrilled that our redesign has been recognized by the publishing community,” says James Martin, editor-in-chief of TENNIS magazine and TENNIS.com. “Our goal was to bring the passion, excitement and fun of the sport to our readers. And our magazine redesign, which was spearheaded by our art director, Gary Stewart, and designer Jason Sfetko, accomplished just that. Cleaner designs, more white space, eye-catching photography — it’s proven to be a winning formula.”
About Miller Publishing Group: MPG publishes TENNIS Magazine and SMASH Magazine. TENNIS, published 10 times annually, is the world’s largest tennis title, with a circulation of more than 600,000. MPG also owns TENNIS.com, the world’s leading tennis website, plus SMASHtennis.com and the blog Peter Bodo’s TennisWorld (peterbodostennisworld.com).
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Prince extends Isner partnership
- ‘Serving’ up treats for Wimbledon
- USTA Foundation appoints new members
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel