Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Joins Team Babolat
* Lyon, France - December 18, 2009 - *Babolat announces the signing of an international contract—racquet, stings and accessories—with French player Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (#10 ATP) starting January 1, 2010.
“Because we are a French brand—considered among the world leaders in tennis racquets and strings—we are particularly proud to welcome in our Team a French player, who is top 10 in the world” says Eric Babolat, president and CEO of Babolat. “We share the same competitive spirit and the same passion. Our values are bringing us closer.”
Jean-Christophe Verborg, head of competition for Babolat adds, “We are very happy that Jo-Wilfried has chosen Babolat. He is a very nice player and extremely charismatic. His arrival in the team reinforces Babolat’s visibility among the top players in the ATP: Rafael Nadal (Spain, #2 ATP), Andy Roddick (USA, #7 ATP), Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France, #10 ATP), and Fernando Gonzalez (Chile, #11 ATP).”
“I am very happy to start playing next season with Babolat racquets and strings and I am equally proud of this partnership with a French brand with whom I share the same values,” says Tsonga.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Anne Krupp Memorial Scholarship
- Kudla takes 'Young Guns Contest'
- ATP renews agreement with Tennis Channel
- Edberg honored with Hall of Fame Ring
- TGA launches Minneapolis franchise
- Wilson launches Ultra racquet
- Pala receives Fed Cup Award
- Murray launches new Radicals
- Czechs to take on Russia in Fed Cup
- Live season-ending championships