Jo-Wilfried Tsonga Joins Team Babolat
* Lyon, France - December 18, 2009 - *Babolat announces the signing of an international contract—racquet, stings and accessories—with French player Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (#10 ATP) starting January 1, 2010.
“Because we are a French brand—considered among the world leaders in tennis racquets and strings—we are particularly proud to welcome in our Team a French player, who is top 10 in the world” says Eric Babolat, president and CEO of Babolat. “We share the same competitive spirit and the same passion. Our values are bringing us closer.”
Jean-Christophe Verborg, head of competition for Babolat adds, “We are very happy that Jo-Wilfried has chosen Babolat. He is a very nice player and extremely charismatic. His arrival in the team reinforces Babolat’s visibility among the top players in the ATP: Rafael Nadal (Spain, #2 ATP), Andy Roddick (USA, #7 ATP), Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (France, #10 ATP), and Fernando Gonzalez (Chile, #11 ATP).”
“I am very happy to start playing next season with Babolat racquets and strings and I am equally proud of this partnership with a French brand with whom I share the same values,” says Tsonga.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta