Andrey Kuznetsov Wins His 1st ATP Tour Match
Andrey Kuznetsov used his Wilson [K]Blade 98 racket to score his first victory in an ATP Tour event, as he rallied past Marcel Granollers 6-7 (4), 7-6 (6), 6-4 at the St.Petersburg Open in Russia.
“Midway through the second set, I found his weak point — backhand,” Kuznetsov said. “So I tried to play to his left and frequently approached the net. It feels great to get the win.”
2009 Wimbledon Boy’s Singles Champion Andrey is currently ranked #8 on the ITF Junior Circuit and is also at a career high #413 on the ATP Tour.
“Andrey is one of the top young prospects and we are proud to have him on the Wilson On the Rise team,” says Renaud Vallon, Wilson Tour Manager Europe. “This win is a great stepping stone for Andrey and we look forward to watching him score many more ATP Tour wins.”
Andrey Kuznetsov will now take on Stakhovsky in the 2nd round of the St.Petersburg Open. For more information on Andrey, click here to view Andrey Kuznetsov’s profile on Wilson.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR to host Directors of Tennis Conference
- More TV time for DC's Citi Open than ever
- New Babolat Pure Aero
- Tennis Channel's summer season
- HEAD Penn players win at Pan Am Games
- Penn is the official ball of CIF
- Bringing tennis to children with 'Emirates Returns'
- Live coverage of Boston-Philadelphia WTT
- ASBA announces new tennis courts manual
- 2015 US Open Series launches in Atlanta