Andrey Kuznetsov Wins His 1st ATP Tour Match
Andrey Kuznetsov used his Wilson [K]Blade 98 racket to score his first victory in an ATP Tour event, as he rallied past Marcel Granollers 6-7 (4), 7-6 (6), 6-4 at the St.Petersburg Open in Russia.
“Midway through the second set, I found his weak point — backhand,” Kuznetsov said. “So I tried to play to his left and frequently approached the net. It feels great to get the win.”
2009 Wimbledon Boy’s Singles Champion Andrey is currently ranked #8 on the ITF Junior Circuit and is also at a career high #413 on the ATP Tour.
“Andrey is one of the top young prospects and we are proud to have him on the Wilson On the Rise team,” says Renaud Vallon, Wilson Tour Manager Europe. “This win is a great stepping stone for Andrey and we look forward to watching him score many more ATP Tour wins.”
Andrey Kuznetsov will now take on Stakhovsky in the 2nd round of the St.Petersburg Open. For more information on Andrey, click here to view Andrey Kuznetsov’s profile on Wilson.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells