Tennis Channel Promotes Simon to COO
LOS ANGELES — Tennis Channel, the only 24-hour, television-based multimedia destination dedicated to both the professional sport and tennis lifestyle, today promoted entertainment-industry veteran William Simon to chief operating officer, in addition to his current role as chief financial officer. He joined Tennis Channel in February 2005 and most recently held the position of executive vice president, business operations and chief financial officer.
In his new post, Simon will lead all aspects of the company’s business and network operations, while continuing to oversee all financial and back-office functions. He will report to Tennis Channel chairman and CEO Ken Solomon.
“Bill has played a key role in the development of Tennis Channel into the world-class multimedia organization it is today,” said Solomon. “This promotion not only recognizes Bill’s invaluable imprint on the network, but sets the stage for him to put his keen leadership, strategic and analytical skills to work to continue our steady growth.”
Prior to joining Tennis Channel in 2005, Simon was CFO, vice president of finance and treasurer for the diverse entertainment enterprise Dick Clark Productions. He became a certified public accountant while a senior auditor at KPMG. Simon is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University with a bachelor of science in accounting.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Annacone and Cahill join PlaySight
- Prince creates excitement at Wimbledon
- ITHF partners with ITF development program
- Presenters named for ITHF induction
- Nightly Wimbledon coverage begins June 27
- Feldman to join USTA Southern
- Longoria completes season sweep
- USTA names National Junior Scholar athletes
- IART symposium celebrates 10th anniversary
- Highest-ever viewers for French Open