Burwash Receives Top Industry Award
Peter Burwash, President of Peter Burwash International (PBI) recently received the “2009 Faculty Emeritus Award” from the United States Tennis Association (USTA) at the annual USTA Tennis Teachers Conference. The award recognizes those men and women who both through speaking and presentations have made enormous contributions over the years to the Tennis Teachers Conference.
“Since 1970, the USTA has been honored to have as instructors many individuals who have demonstrated great leadership and creativity in teaching and coaching tennis, and who have generously shared their valuable information as part of the Tennis Teachers Conference faculty,” said Lucy Garvin, President of the USTA in her introductory remarks. “Peter Burwash first spoke at a USTA Tennis Teachers Conference in 1975 and has been a headline speaker on eight different occasions.”
Burwash was also the keynote speaker at this year’s event. In 1995, Burwash received the Education Merit Award from the International Tennis Federation for his invaluable contribution to tennis.
“I have always believed a part of providing good service is to share our knowledge, ideas and information with fellow professionals in the tennis industry,” said Burwash. “It is an honor and privilege to be a part of the Tennis Teachers Conference and receive this award.”
Previous winners have been
2005 Dennis Van der Meer
2006 Howard Brody
2007 Clarence Mabry
2008 Vic Braden
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells