Williamses Capture US Open Doubles Title
[CHICAGO] — The Williams sisters, with their [K] Blade Team rackets, sweep through the US Open and claimed their third doubles title this year. They upset the defending champions, Liezel Huber and Cara Black 6-2, 6-2.
“It feels great to win a title with Serena,” said Venus after winning her doubles title. “Doubles is a different game and I know if we kept confident on the court, we could take the title.”
The sisters have won three of four Grand Slam doubles titles this year—Australian Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open, which they have not won since 1999. The pair now has an extraordinary ten Grand Slam women’s doubles championships and have never lost a Grand Slam doubles final match. Venus and Serena are the only active players to have completed the career doubles Grand Slam.
Wilson Racquet Sports is a division of Chicago-based Wilson Sporting Goods, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of sports equipment and owned by Amer Sports. Wilson designs, manufactures and distributes sporting goods throughout the world and focuses on making technologically advanced products which help players of all levels perform better. Wilson’s core sport categories include: Football, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Soccer, Youth Sports, Uniforms/Apparel, Golf, Footwear and Racquet Sports (Tennis, Racquetball, Squash, Badminton and Platform Tennis). For more information, visit wilson.com.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells