Ross Wins Singles Title at USPTA Championships
MARCO ISLAND, FLA. — Cory Ross of Littleton, Colo., claimed the men’s open title at the $30,000 USPTA International Championships Thursday at the Players Club on Marco Island, Fla.
Ross, the No. 1 seed, earned the championship title by defeating James Daly from Tyler, Texas, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4.
The championships, open only to USPTA-certified tennis professionals, were played as part of the USPTA’s World Conference on Tennis. The conference is scheduled Sept. 21-26 at the Marco Island Marriott Resort, Golf Club and Spa on Marco Island, Fla. It includes the international championships, 45 seminars and courses, a buying show, awards presentation, silent auction of tennis and sports memorabilia and more. It is attended by more than 1,000 tennis-teaching professionals, industry leaders, manufacturers and media. For complete results visit tennislink.usta.com and enter USPTA International
Championships or click here and select draws/results.
Founded in 1927, USPTA strives to raise the standards of the tennis profession while promoting greater awareness of the sport. USPTA offers more than 65 professional benefits to its more than 15,000 members worldwide, including certification and professional development. With more than 300 days of educational opportunities throughout the year, USPTA offers the most comprehensive continuing education program in the tennis industry. For more information, call 800-877-8248 or visit uspta.com
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String