Tsonga Switches Rackets to the Wilson [K]obra Tour
Jo-Wilfried Tsonga is ready to take on the competition with his new racket, the Wilson [K]obra Tour. After much success, reaching a career high #6 on the ATP Tour with the [K]Blade Tour racket, Jo-Wilfried was still searching for a racket that would give something extra on his shots.
So in the past few months, Jo-Wilfried worked closely with Wilson Global Tour Equipment Manager, Ron Rocchi to find the best racket for his game.
“Players are very particular about their rackets,” says Ron Rocchi. “As their games continue to evolve, so does their equipment. The [K]obra Tour seems to be the right choice for Jo-Wilfried and we are excited to see him reach new heights.”
Making the transition to the [K]obra Tour has not slowed Tsonga down as he reached the Round of 16 at Roland Garros for the 1st time in his career earlier this summer. “It is not always easy to change rackets, but the [K]obra felt smooth and I loved it right off the bat,” says Jo-Wilfried, who is known for his all around game and power. “I cannot wait to play under the bright lights of NY in a few weeks!”
Jo-Wilfried will be in action tomorrow against Schuettler at the Roger Cup in Montreal. The US Open starts Monday August 31st.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR expands education
- Haas and Johnson to play HoF Championships
- Tennis Summit addresses major issues
- Babolat debuts limited edition Wimbledon products
- Longoria returns to winning ways
- ITHF names new Director of Tennis
- Djokovic wins fourth Indian Wells title
- DiBiase to lead U.S. subsidiary
- Ashaway signs Van Rietvelde
- Hawk-Eye to replace linespersons at PowerShares