Wilson Players Win Titles
Andrea Petkovic used her Wilson [K]Six-One Team to win her first WTA Tour title at the Nurnberger Gastein Ladies in Austria. The 98th-ranked Petkovic has won eight titles on the ITF Pro Circuit, but had never reached a WTA Tour quarterfinal prior to this week in Bad Gastein. Andrea capped her dream run with a 6-2 6-3 win over Olaru in the final. 21-year-old Andrea said, “I’m very happy. It’s the best moment of my career. I hope I can keep playing like this and build on it.”
Simon Aspelin using his [K]Blade 98 and Paul Hanley using his [K]Six-One 95, won their first ATP World Tour title together after defeating Melo and Polasek with a 6-3, 6-3 victory in the final of the German Open in Hamburg. The win clinched Aspelin his 11th and Hanley his 22nd career ATP World Tour doubles title.
“It was definitely our best match for the whole week,” said Hanley. “We played really consistently this match. It’s a great feeling, it’s been a while for both of us to win a tournament so it makes this a little bit more special that’s for sure.”
In Indianapolis, [K]Blade Tour Player Dmitry Tursunov claimed his fourth doubles title of the year when he teamed up with Gulbis to defeat Wilson duo Ashley Fisher and Jordan Kerr 6-4 3-6 11-9 in the final.
“This is a great start to the US Open Series for the Wilson Team,” said Wilson Tour Director Massimo Calvelli. “It is fantastic to see our players hitting their stride going into the Open.”
This week ATP Tour is in Los Angeles for the LA Open and the WTA Tour stops in Stanford for the Bank of the West.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary