Three Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy Students Reach Semis of Junior Wimbledon
Three of the players left in the semis of the Boys’ Singles at Junior Wimbledon all make their home at the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy. Jordan Cox, Devin Britton, and Bernard Tomic all train at the NBTA and all three have a chance to win the title in London.
Britton, who just won the NCAA Men’s Singles championship, will face Cox, while Tomic will take on Andrey Kuznetsov of Russia in the other semi. There is a real possibility that the finals of Junior Wimbledon will pit two NBTA students against each other.
Cox, 17, is currently ranked #80 in the world in the juniors and is playing in his first Junior Grand Slam semi. Britton, 18, is currently the world’s 23rd ranked junior and just completed his first semester at Ole Miss. He reached the finals of last year’s Junior US Open and he just won the junior tournament at Roehampton on grass right before Wimbledon. Finally, Tomic is the third seed in the tournament made his mark on the tennis world earlier this year by winning a round at the Australian Open. He is only 16 years old and is already ranked #354 in the ATP rankings.
Good luck to all three of them in the semifinals!
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells