PTR Schedules Summer Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop
*Hilton Head Island, SC - - *Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will present two Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshops this summer - one on August 28 at Oak Creek Tennis Center in Dallas, Texas, and the other at Chaplin Park Tennis Center, on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, on September 13, 2009.
The Instructing Wheelchair Tennis Workshop is open to all tennis teachers and recreation instructors who want to learn the nuances of teaching tennis to people in wheelchairs. Participants will actually use wheelchairs that will be provided at the workshop, in order to understand the special skills required to maneuver the chair and to hit from a modified elevation. Mobility, stroke production, and general wheelchair tennis basics are covered in the curriculum. Workshop attendees will understand the components of chair construction and learn the degree of disability will vary with each wheelchair athlete.
For detailed information and to register, call PTR Headquarters Monday-Friday at 800-421-6289 or visit www.ptrtennis.org
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 13,000 members in 122 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Istomin wins first ATP title
- WTT poised for growth, says BJK
- Hingis named Global Ambassador for ITHF
- MonoGut ZX Black offers versatility and playability
- USTA to host fifth annual job fair
- Blake to coach Aviators for opener
- El Shorbagy, World Number 1
- Tennis Channel launches Racquet Bracket
- Record ratings for Tennis Channel
- Peggy Edwards receives 2015 APEX Award