Wilson Players Heat Up Wimbledon
On a sunny English day, Wilson Tour Team players heated it up at the All England Club. There was no shortage of Wilson players that moved onto the second round of Wimbledon and here are some of the notable first round wins for Wilson:
After making his way through qualifying, Jesse Levine used his [K]Six-One 95 to defeat the always dangerous Safin. Jesse used his wheels to defeat the 14th seeded Russian and will take on Cuevas 2nd round.
Swinging her [K]Blade Team, Rosanna De Los Rios defeated former WTA Tour world #7 Nicole Vaidisova 64 67 64. In the 2nd round, Rosanna will play #1 seed Safina.
Using her [K[Six-One 95, Carla Suarez Navarro took out fellow Wilson player and 25th seed Kaia Kanepi in a tough fought three set match 46 63 63. Next round, Carla looks to top fellow Wilson player Ekaterina Makarova.
Continuing her good form, Wilson On the Rise player Melanie Oudin played with her [K]Blade Tour to defeat #25 seed Bammer 46 64 62. Melanie will play Shvedova 2nd round.
After getting into the draw as a lucky draw, Kristina Kucova used her [K]Tour to defeat Nakamura in three sets 26 63 63. Kristina, the 2007 US Open Junior Champion, will now take on Mauresmo. GO WILSON TEAM!!!!
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- U.S. to host Slovak Republic in Davis Cup
- Jamba Juice and Venus announce expansion
- Tennis Channel to cover Davis Cup QFs
- Esurance sponsors Azarenka
- PTR and PlayYourCourt sign agreement
- Schedule set for Pro Circuit Wild Card Challenge
- Har-Tru introduces 'Be One with the Clay'
- Murray book released in the US
- Longoria extends tournament wins to 32
- Djokovic wins Indian Wells