Rosner Rallies on in Toulouse
Sixth seed Simon Rosner claimed his second upset in 24 hours in the Movida International Toulouse Open when he dismissed Chris Ryder, the third seed, in straight games to reach the final of the $15,000 PSA World Tour squash event in its second year at Movida Castanet in Toulouse, France.
It was after beating second seed Davide Bianchetti in the quarter-finals that the 21-year-old German number one faced Englishman Ryder, ranked 36 in the world.
After surviving a close first game, Rosner went on to beat Ryder 14-12, 11-7, 11-9 in 45 minutes to reach the fifth Tour final of his career, and his second in two months.
The former European Junior champion from Paderborn now meets top seed Laurens Jan Anjema, the 26-year-old world No18 from the Netherlands playing his first Tour event since recovering from an ankle injury in March.
Anjema ended the impressive run of Mathieu Castagnet, beating the unseeded Frenchman 11-8, 11-5, 11-6 in 58 minutes.
The win takes the four-time Dutch national champion from The Hague into the 20th PSA Tour final of his career.
Follow the action from the PSA World Tour live on WWW.PSALIVE.TV - the Professional Squash Association’s official webstreaming service. Enjoy live action, replays, download archive matches and enjoy exclusive Live & Uncut DVDs
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Shabana, Barker advance to semis
- Gaultier, Rodriguez advance to semis
- NetSuite Open QFs set
- NetSuite Open to benefit SquashDrive
- Community Tennis Day at Sea Colony
- Salazar upsets Mustonen at NetSuite Open
- Seeded players advance in NetSuite Open
- Club Med Generation Cup expanding
- Bay Area represented at NetSuite Open
- USPTA pros help raise $22K for military families