Robson Takes the Court
Wilson player Laura Robson will be the youngest Brit ever to play Wimbledon and will become the youngest player since Martina Hingis in 1995 to walk onto the courts at the All England Club.
Winning the 2008 Wimbledon Girls Junior title brought Laura international attention as she became the 1st Brit to win the Wimbledon Junior title since 1984. Following her victory at Wimbledon last year, Robson has elevated her game and continued to excel at the junior level. After reaching the finals of the 2009 Australian Open Girls final, she reached the #1 ranking on the ITF Junior Circuit and held #1 until the end of April.
Using her Wilson [K]Blade 98 racket, Robson has also found success at the senior level taking her 1st ITF Pro Circuit title in Sunderland.
“Laura is one of the brightest young stars coming up,” says Renuad Vallon, Wilson Tour Manager Europe. “Clearly, Laura is a player On the Rise and we are proud to have her on the Wilson Team.”
15-year-old Robson, who scooped the Wimbledon junior title just 12 months ago, is poised to turn some heads on the grass courts of Wimbledon.
“I am looking forward to stepping out on the All England Club courts again, this time competing at the highest level. It’s a great opportunity for me to go out and play my best tennis.”
Laura Robson will take on Daniela Hantuchova in the 1st round.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Lloyd named coach of San Diego Aviators
- HEAD is new official stringing team at BNPPO
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award