Grasscourt Title Number Two for Dunlop’s Tanasugarn
GREENVILLE, SC, June 22, 2009 - For the second consecutive year, Thailand’s Tamarine Tanasugarn will arrive at Wimbledon with a smile on her face and new trophy in her bag. On Saturday she defended her Ordina Open title in the Netherlands with a convincing 6-3, 7-5 win over Yanina Wickmayer.
Tanasugarn’s title run this year was an historic one; it was punctuated by her semifinal win over Dinara Safina, the first time ever a Taiwanese player has taken down the number one ranked player in the world. Throughout the tournament, Tanasugarn used her Dunlop Aerogel 4D 500 to power winners past her opponents, who collectively only managed one set off her.
Tanasugarn’s win is the fifth this year for the Dunlop Tour Team. It follows two wins by Tommy Robredo and one win each by Nicolas Almagro and Tomas Berdych.
“It would be great to see if Tamarine can improve her Wimbledon quarterfinal from last year and match Dominika Cibulkova’s recent run to the semis at the French,” said Kai Nitsche, Dunlop’s General Manager of Racquet Sports. “The results on Tour this year showcase the depth of talent and product Dunlop has assembled. Saturday’s win marks four different players who have won on tour with four different Dunlop racquets.”
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat presents connected tennis
- adidas Roland Garros Collection by Y-3
- CopperWynd announces new Director of Tennis
- ITA secures partnership with Oracle
- Ashaway introduces ZyMax 62 Fire
- Tecnifibre launches ‘Young Guns’ contest
- More facilities offer 'Try Tennis Free'
- Tennis Channel adds two new shows
- Pros attend Cardio Tennis Trainer Summit
- PlayTennis.com gets key upgrades