Team HEAD’s Jack Huczek Wins National Racquetball Singles Title
Houston, Texas - Jack Huczek captured his third USA Racquetball Men’s Singles National Championship on Sunday at the 2009 USA Racquetball National Singles Championships at the Downtown Houston YMCA.
Huczek is a member of HEAD’s Pro Staff and the win in Houston is his second USA Racquetball National Championship this year. In February he won the National Doubles Championship in Arizona. With the national championships, Huczek has earned a one year appointment to the USA Racquetball National Adult Team. The US Team will next represent their country at the 2009 World Games which will be held in Kaohsiung, Chinese Taipei in July.
The win is the third Men’s Singles National Championship for Huczek to go along with his five Men’s Doubles titles. In the Men’s National Championship match, Jack Huczek (Rochester, Mich.) defeated Rocky Carson in a thrilling tie-breaker 11-10. Ironically, Huczek’s opponent was his doubles partner in February where the championship match was also decided by an 11-10 score in a tiebreaker.
Huczek is currently ranked No. 3 on the International Racquetball Tour - the Men’s Professional Racquetball Circuit - and is coming off a season that saw 6 IRT Tournament finals appearances.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- CDT partners rank in the top 10
- El-Sherbini new world number one
- YTEX sponsors Junior Open
- Carson wins Florida Pro-Am
- PlaySight announces USTA partnership
- Another event, another win for Longoria
- Agassi to replay 1996 Olympic gold match
- FILA and ITHF launch new program
- Tennis is first to endorse ‘CEO Pledge’
- Castagnet switches to Ashaway