Siddall Soars to Zwolle Success
Women’s Eurosafe Solutions Zwolle Squash Open, Zwolle, Netherlands
Final: Lauren Siddall (ENG) bt  Celia Allamargot (FRA) 11-3, 11-7, 11-5
England’s Lauren Siddall claimed the second WISPA World Tour squash title of her career with an impressive display against Celia Allamargot of France in the final of the $4,000 Eurosafe Solutions Zwolle Open in the Dutch city of Zwolle. The 24-year old third seed from Pontefract made her breakthrough in the semi-finals when she beat Welsh opponent Deon Saffery - the fifth seed who ousted top seed Annelize Naude in the previous round. Siddall dominated play from the word go in the final against a tired looking French opponent, the sixth seed who had three good wins to make it to her first ever WISPA final. Siddall clinched the opening game with ease, but had to fight back from a 5-1 deficit in the second to keep the initiative and the lead. The third proved a formality as Siddall, ranked 43 in the world, powered her way to an 11-3, 11-7, 11-5 victory with a great mix of hard and low drives and delicate drops. It was the second time that Siddall proved victorious on the Women’s International Squash Players Association World Tour after claiming the Norwegian Open crown in 2007.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat presents connected tennis
- adidas Roland Garros Collection by Y-3
- CopperWynd announces new Director of Tennis
- ITA secures partnership with Oracle
- Ashaway introduces ZyMax 62 Fire
- Tecnifibre launches ‘Young Guns’ contest
- More facilities offer 'Try Tennis Free'
- Tennis Channel adds two new shows
- Pros attend Cardio Tennis Trainer Summit
- PlayTennis.com gets key upgrades