Richards Romps to Vitis Victory
England’s top seed Tom Richards beat seventh-seeded Mexican Jorge Isaac Baltazar Ferreira in the final of the inaugural Seegarten Vitis Open to win the $10,000 PSA World Tour squash title at Vitis Sports Center in Schlieren, near Zurich, in Switzerland.
The 11-4, 11-1, 12-10 victory gives Richards, the 22-year-old world No34 from Surrey, his second PSA Tour title of year - and the third of his career.
“Tom won convincingly as Ferreira seemed to feel the effects of his semi-final marathon from the day before,” reported tournament organiser John Williams. “Ferreira had a brief reprise in the third game as he led most of the way, but it was Richards who was able to re-assert his authority around the middle of the court, playing the ‘end game’ to perfection to capture the Seegarten title.”
 Tom Richards (ENG) bt  Jorge Isaac Baltazar Ferreira (MEX) 11-4, 11-1, 12-10
Follow the action from the PSA World Tour live on WWW.PSALIVE.TV - the Professional Squash Association’s official webstreaming service. Enjoy live action, replays, download archive matches and enjoy exclusive Live & Uncut DVDs
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Anne Krupp Memorial Scholarship
- Kudla takes 'Young Guns Contest'
- ATP renews agreement with Tennis Channel
- Edberg honored with Hall of Fame Ring
- TGA launches Minneapolis franchise
- Wilson launches Ultra racquet
- Pala receives Fed Cup Award
- Murray launches new Radicals
- Czechs to take on Russia in Fed Cup
- Live season-ending championships