Richards Romps to Vitis Victory
England’s top seed Tom Richards beat seventh-seeded Mexican Jorge Isaac Baltazar Ferreira in the final of the inaugural Seegarten Vitis Open to win the $10,000 PSA World Tour squash title at Vitis Sports Center in Schlieren, near Zurich, in Switzerland.
The 11-4, 11-1, 12-10 victory gives Richards, the 22-year-old world No34 from Surrey, his second PSA Tour title of year - and the third of his career.
“Tom won convincingly as Ferreira seemed to feel the effects of his semi-final marathon from the day before,” reported tournament organiser John Williams. “Ferreira had a brief reprise in the third game as he led most of the way, but it was Richards who was able to re-assert his authority around the middle of the court, playing the ‘end game’ to perfection to capture the Seegarten title.”
 Tom Richards (ENG) bt  Jorge Isaac Baltazar Ferreira (MEX) 11-4, 11-1, 12-10
Follow the action from the PSA World Tour live on WWW.PSALIVE.TV - the Professional Squash Association’s official webstreaming service. Enjoy live action, replays, download archive matches and enjoy exclusive Live & Uncut DVDs
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ASBA honors distinguished sports facilities
- Viking announces new GM
- Dunlop to distribute Diadora footwear
- Babolat launches new Origin string
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team