PTR Inaugural Club Conference A Resounding Success
Hilton Head Island, SC - - Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) hosted its inaugural Tennis Club and Facilities Conference last week on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Feedback from the 62 attendees has shown the event was a “very worthwhile” experience.
Representing more than 100 clubs in 20 states, participants particularly appreciated networking with other professionals in the field and sharing ideas in roundtable discussions. The focus was on best practices in tennis facility management with a variety topics broached, including successful programming for revenue generation, understanding and controlling expenses, and hiring and managing a topnotch staff.
Doug Cash did an outstanding job facilitating the two day event. Case studies were presented by Robert Dunlop, President of the Connecticut Association of Tennis Club Owners, Jeff Gocke, of Tennis Clubs Inc., and Michael Mahoney, of the TCA. In addition, Jolyn de Boer, Executive Director of the TIA and Graham Cox, of USTA South Carolina, addressed the group. It wasn’t all business, however, with Beach Tennis, Cardio Tennis, a Round Robin and dinner dance on the schedule for networking in a more relaxed and fun atmosphere.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 13,000 members in 122 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR on board with Coach Youth Tennis
- Agassi, Sampras, and Lendl honored
- Babolat: The legendary experience of the Majors
- Esguerra named PTR WI Member of the Year
- Burke named PTR GA Member of the Year
- Pugh receives PTR USTA Community Service Award
- Blouin named PTR Int'l Master Professional
- Godreau named PTR MS Member of the Year
- Van B. Stafford named PTR OH Member of the Year
- GAMMA Glide is revolutionary