Head Penn Racquet Sports and Beach Tennis USA Renew Partnership for 2009 Tour
New York, NY — HEAD Penn Racquet Sports and Beach Tennis USA (BTUSA) announced that they have renewed their partnership for another year. For the fourth consecutive season HEAD will serve as the official racquet and Penn will be the official ball for all the events comprising BTUSA’s 2009 National Tour, including the season-ending National Championship in Long Beach, NY. HEAD Penn equipment will be used exclusively in all matches and at all events.
Beach tennis, which is essentially doubles tennis played on sand, uses HEAD racquets and Pro Penn T.I.P. 2 low-compression tennis balls. Played both as a recreational and competitive sport, beach tennis is fun for players of all ages.
“HEAD Penn is proud to continue as the official sponsor of Beach Tennis USA - bringing tennis to a new audience in a unique and fun way. We appreciate the efforts of Beach Tennis USA to grow the game and appeal to various player types,” said Amy Wishingrad, National Promotions Manager.
This year’s BTUSA National Tour began with a weeklong tournament/showcase at the site of the Sony Ericsson Open, in Key Biscayne, FL. The 10-city, pro-am tour will conclude at the 2009 National Beach Tennis Championship, in Long Beach, NY on Labor Day weekend, September 5-6. To learn more about Beach Tennis USA, visit www.beachtennisusa.net.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Almeida named PTR Male Player of the Year
- Ivanovic: ‘I’m Here to Create’
- Stars at 7th annual Miami charity event
- Groppel a highlight at conference
- Wilson appoints Maule regional director
- Venus leads U.S. Fed Cup team
- adidas shows creativity defines athletes
- Couchmans advised ITF on BNP Paribas renewal
- Longoria starts 2016 with a win
- PowerShares announces player fields