HEAD Introduces New Performance Tennis Footwear
HEAD is stepping up its game in the tennis footwear business. In 2009 HEAD will re-launch its line of footwear with updated technology and cosmetics for today’s youthful, aggressive and stylish tennis player. The new footwear collection is available since January 2009.
Both men’s and women’s lines’ technology will complement existing product attributes, continue to enhance and improve player performance on any court surface while adding updated cosmetic and asthetic looks for the modern athlete.
The 2009 line incorporates three new lines of technology:
- HEAD Vi-Pod™ Technology, which is integrated into the midsole heel area and eliminates vibration, absorbs energy, then distributes to the entire foot.
- HEAD Energy Bridge™ Technology, which connects the heel and the forefoot area providing torsion stability, ensures increased transfer of power from the heel to the forefront. The Power Bridge is made of breathable net mesh material to ensure ventilation.
- HEAD Lateral Control™ Technology is integrated into the forefoot area with a squared edge. It is composed of a harder rubber which provides an optimum in lateral stability and enables quick changes in direction.
“HEAD’s line of footwear products are constructed with the highest quality materials while maintaining cutting edge design. More importantly, the shoes are made to perform. The footwear can stand up to even the most aggressive tennis player,” said Robert Marte, Executive Vice President of HEAD’s Racquet Sports Division.
These new technologies will add to the line’s four existing technologies, which include:
- HEAD CXG™ Comfort Grid which provides comfort, shock absorption, decreased foot fatigue, stability and motion control.
- HEAD Cooling System® which creates “climate control” within the shoe by absorbing and releasing excess heat build-up.
- The HEAD Radial Contact™ ensures constant traction with maximum flexibility.
- The HEAD HyBrasion™ outsole technology was developed to enhance resistance for the high stress areas of the tennis shoes.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- ASBA elects new officers and directors
- Robb earns PTR Master of Tennis
- Flick earns PTR Master of Tennis
- Batsula earns PTR Master of Tennis
- Antigua launches spring line
- Aviators announce new ownership
- Williams and Djokovic, ITF World Champions
- Federer vs. Wawrinka on Tennis Channel
- Vargas wins first career pro stop
- ASICS launches BZ100 racquet