Dunlop Signs Austrian Jurgen Melzer to New Deal
GREENVILLE, SC — Dunlop is pleased to announce a multi-year partnership with Austrian tennis star Jurgen Melzer. Under the terms of his new agreement, Melzer will be playing the new Dunlop Aerogel 4D 300 Tour racquet and endorsing Dunlop tennis balls such as the new A-Player.
The 28-year-old has steadily risen in the ATP World Tour rankings throughout his career, currently residing at number 32 in singles and 73 in doubles. Most recently he reached the doubles semifinals in the ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam, and the singles quarterfinals of the Olympic Games in 2008. Melzer also won Wimbledon as a junior player.
On signing with Dunlop Melzer said: “I am really excited and proud about the partnership with Dunlop. The brand has a strong position in tennis, is very well respected and always associated with top quality. I look forward to achieving my goals on court with Dunlop.”
Kai Nitsche, Dunlop’s General Manager for Racquet Sports said: “Our partnership with Jurgen marks an exciting time for us and our new range of Aerogel 4D technology. We feel that Jurgen will be a great ambassador for the brand, and we wish him every success in his career.”
RSI.com News search
Latest RSI.com News
- Davis Cup tickets to go on sale Dec. 6th
- ASBA releases informative video
- Tennis Channel to rebroadcast French Open
- SGI, PHIT America announce 'Challenge'
- NYJTL honors Tennis Channel and Solomon
- Mylan WTT relocates; Roddick to star on team
- TGA Premier Youth Tennis launches 22nd franchise
- Ashaway named the Official String of PTR
- eBay Hire joins PTR
- Ashaway to sponsor junior squash tournament