‘Birthday Honors’ for Squash Patron HRH Prince Tunku Imran
HRH Prince Tunku Imran had extra cause for celebration on his 61st birthday on Saturday 21st March, when he was presented with an International Honorary Doctorate, awarded by The United States Sport Academy in Alabama. The award was made to His Royal Highness for demonstrating outstanding leadership and achievement in sports and sports related professions. With his vast credentials in the sporting world, it is easy to see why.
Among other positions Prince Imran, who has been the Patron of the World Squash Federation (WSF) since 2002, is President of the Olympic Council of Malaysia, a member of the Management Board of the National Sports Council of Malaysia, Founding Chairman of the Foundation for Malaysian Sporting Excellence, was President of the WSF from 1989–1996 and Emeritus President from 1996–2002. Tunku Imran, who is currently in Denver, USA attending Sportaccord, said of his Honorary Doctorate, “It is a great honour for me, the sports that I represent and my country. It definitely spurs me on to do even greater things.” The United States Sport Academy is an independent, non-profit, accredited special mission sports university created to serve the nation and the world with programmes in instruction, research and service. The role of the Academy is to prepare men and women for careers in the profession of sport.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String