Bob Bigelow to Kick Off PTR Symposium
*Hilton Head Island, SC — *Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) announced today that one of the country’s foremost speakers on coaching youth sports, Bob Bigelow, will kick off its International Tennis Symposium. The event will be held February 15-19, 2009, on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
A former NBA first round draft pick, Bigelow played four years for the Kansas City Kings, Boston Celtics and San Diego Clippers. He also played at the University of Pennsylvania for Hall of Fame Coach, Chuck Daly.
Bigelow advocates fully meeting the needs of children as the top priority in youth sports programs, and provides new approaches for positive change in youth sports. He has devoted several thousand hours to researching and lecturing about organized youth sports and its impact on children - and adults - conducting more than 700 talks since 1993. He was selected as one of the 100 Most Influential Sports Educators by the Institute for International Sport at the University of Rhode Island. Bob is also the co-author of Just Let Kids Play.
PTR is the largest global organization of tennis teaching professionals with more than 13,000 members in 122 countries. It has the greatest percentage of multicultural and women members of any such organization. PTR is dedicated to educating, certifying and servicing tennis teachers and coaches around the world in order to grow the game.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award
- Capestany receives PTR/TIA award
- Saviano named PTR Touring Coach of the Year