Team HEAD Player Shane Vanderson wins IRT Event in Japan
Phoenix, AZ— November 2008 - Shane Vanderson, a member of HEAD’s Elite Racquetball Team of National Pro Staff, won the 2008 IRT Japan International Tournament. The event, held in Tokyo, is the only International Racquetball Tour (IRT) event held outside North America. Vanderson (Tampa, Fla.) defeated fellow Team HEAD member Tony Carson (Scottsdale, Ariz.) in the tournament’s championship final.
Vanderson is currently ranked No. 5 on the IRT Tour and traveled to Japan just few days after reaching the semifinals at the US OPEN Racquetball Championships in Memphis, Tenn. At the US OPEN - professional racquetball’s pinnacle event - Vanderson has reached the semifinals four times (2003, 2006, 2008 & 2008).
Carson is the reigning USA Racquetball Men’s Collegiate Singles Champion and currently ranked No. 20 on the IRT Tour.
HEAD Penn Racquet Sports is a division of HEAD NV which owns such premier sporting goods brands as HEAD (tennis, racquetball, and squash racquets; alpine skis and boots; snowboards, bindings and boots; athletic and outdoor footwear; accessories and apparel), Penn (tennis balls and racquetball balls), Tyrolia (ski bindings), Mares and Dacor (both scuba diving equipment).
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Lloyd named coach of San Diego Aviators
- HEAD is new official stringing team at BNPPO
- PTR names Private Facility of the Year
- Djokovic interview in WSJ. Magazine
- BNP Paribas Showdown names official charity
- Longoria strengthens hold on top ranking
- Draws announced for PowerShares events
- Maui Jim partners with ATP
- Osei named PTR Volunteer of the Year
- Adams receives PTR/USTA award