Harrison Brothers Make Academy New Home
Young American brothers and junior tennis standouts, Ryan and Christian Harrison, have made the move to Bradenton, Florida to train at the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy at IMG Academies. Ryan and Christian have been living and training in Texas for the past four years and will be accompanied by their parents and their younger sister. They will join a group of top juniors and young pros who train together daily on-court as well as off-court at the IMG Performance Institute. The group includes players such as Kei Nishikori, Ricardas Berankis, Gastao Elias, Filip Krajinovic, Devin Britton, Giacomo Miccini, Dino Marcan, Jordan Cox, Borut Puc, Bo Seal, Harry Fowler and more.
In 2008, Ryan has been ranked as high as number seven in the world in the ITF Junior Rankings and he stunned the tennis world by qualifying then winning his first round match at the ATP event in Houston before losing to James Blake at just 15 years of age. Ryan is sponsored by Nike and Babolat.
Christian is quickly rising up the ITF Junior ranks himself reaching his first two ITF 18-and-under finals this year at the G5 ITF event in the Bahamas and a G4 ITF event in Illinois. In 2008, Christian also won the B16s International Spring Championships and led team USA to gold at the World Junior Tennis Team Finals in the Czech Republic. In 2007, he was a semifinalist at Teen Tennis in Bolton, England and a finalist at Les Petits As in Tarbes, France. Christian is also sponsored by Nike and Babolat.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat continues Roland Garros partnership
- Public Tennis grants wheelchair scholarships
- USTA forges medical partnership
- TIA partners with Sports Club Advisors
- Ashaway ZyMax Fire sparks global appeal
- Selmi honored by ITHF and ITF
- Comprehensive RG coverage from Tennis Channel
- Young Guns Contest Season 2
- Murray celebrates birthday with masters title
- Serena's major wins to be aired back-to-back