USPTA Competitive Player Development Conference to Take Place in Naples, Fla.
The United States Professional Tennis Association Competitive Player Development Conference will take place in Naples, Fla., from Dec. 4-6. The conference, which is traditionally held by the association in Houston, has been shifted to the Academia Sanchez-Casal. Therefore, attendees get the added benefit of learning about some of the progressive coaching systems that have propelled Spain to its current tennis prominence.
Both Emilio Sanchez-Vicario and Sergio Casal will be featured speakers. Sanchez-Vicario is the current Davis Cup captain for Spain and he and Casal were both international doubles champions. The Sanchez family is also well known for Emilio’s sister, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, who won four Grand Slam singles titles, six Grand Slam women’s doubles titles, and four Grand Slam mixed doubles titles.
Luis Mediero, a USPTA Master Professional and the president of Registro Profesional de Tenis (RPT) in Madrid, Spain, will also be on hand to assist with the conference. Mediero has a lifetime of coaching experience that will be invaluable to attendees.
Registration for the conference is $250 for USPTA members and includes all materials. More information about the conference, including a detailed agenda and hotel accommodations, are available at www.uspta.com. For more information contact the Education Department at email@example.com or call 800-877-8248.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- USF to host College Tennis Exposure Camp
- New date for Match for Africa 3
- Haas joins PlaySight team
- Ashaway Power Filament micro squash string
- USPTA to offer insurance options
- Fromuth seeks stringers for USTA National Campus
- PlaySight introduces challenge system
- Olympic tennis stadium to be demolished
- Sharapova returns to action October 10
- Ashaway continues as USA R'ball Official String