PTR International Symposium Set for February
Hilton Head Island, SC — Professional Tennis Registry (PTR) will hold its annual International Tennis Symposium & $25,000 Championships, February 14-20, 2009, at PTR Headquarters on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
The Symposium attracts nearly 1,000 tennis teachers and coaches from more than 50 countries. Many of the tennis industry’s most notable speakers including Leo Alonso, Mike Barrell, Bob Bigelow, Doug Cash, Lisa Duncan, Pat Etcheberry, Dick Gould, Laury Hammel, Don Henson, Whitney Kraft, Dr. Jim Loehr, Anne Pankhurst and Lenny Scheuermann will be among the more than 50 presenters who will conduct classroom and on court presentations. Subject matter ranges from tennis business to tactics to injury prevention and treatments. There is also a special high school coaches’ tract that will be held over President’s Weekend.
Teaching pros show off their playing skills at the $25,000 Championships, held in conjunction with the Symposium. The Symposium also offers a Tennis Trade Show where 45-plus organizations and companies, such as, Gamma, HEAD Penn and Playmate, exhibit their new product lines, latest technologies and services. Product demonstrations will be conducted on an adjacent demo court.
For complete information and registration, visit ptrtennis.org.
TIMag.com news search
Latest TIMag.com news
- Babolat presents connected tennis
- adidas Roland Garros Collection by Y-3
- CopperWynd announces new Director of Tennis
- ITA secures partnership with Oracle
- Ashaway introduces ZyMax 62 Fire
- Tecnifibre launches ‘Young Guns’ contest
- More facilities offer 'Try Tennis Free'
- Tennis Channel adds two new shows
- Pros attend Cardio Tennis Trainer Summit
- PlayTennis.com gets key upgrades